Thursday 14 January 2016

Exhibition for the LQ&N Peterborough Fair


 

Although the Peterborough Fair doesn’t take place until May, the publicity material is being printed so I’ve had to decide what I’m going to display for my exhibition there and decide on a title. I’m calling the exhibition ‘lace works’ both to distinguish the work from the other exhibitions of embroidery and quilting, and to suggest the idea that lace ‘works’ as a valid textile art form. I’ll show a mixture of old and new work, so I’ve decided to use the broad theme of landscapes, both physical landscapes, such as maps, tracks and stones, as well as landscapes of the mind, memory and the imagination. There will be a variety of lace types and artefacts including curtains, panels, bags and hangings. Do come and have a look and say hello!

 

No comments: