Tuesday 9 February 2016

Goldilocks lace!


 
The Goldilocks planet is the way astronomers describe the Earth. In the same way that Goldilocks ate the porridge that was just right, not too hot or too cold, the conditions on Earth make it just right for the formation of life. I realise the lace I’m making at the moment for my veiling series is just right too – the number of bobbins isn’t too great or too small, they fit neatly on the pillow but give a pleasing spread. The pattern includes two repeats so is reasonably demanding and interesting but not complicated. I can get two and a bit repeats completed in an hour so I feel I’m making progress. Because I’m using a travel pillow the lace is easy to transport and I can make it anywhere. Also because it’s easy to pick up and put down I find I can work at it in spare moments unlike a large or complicated pattern which requires time to get settled to. All in all – Goldilocks lace!  

No comments: