Wednesday 27 March 2019

Exhibition of my Battle of Britain lace panels ending


My Battle of Britain lace panels and the parachute installation will be taken down at Bentley Priory next week, which means this is the last week they are all on exhibition. It will be sad not to have them on show anywhere but they have been seen at three venues in separate areas of the country: Nottingham; Gawthorpe Hall; and London; so they have been widely seen. It was certainly an interesting project which introduced me to many interesting people and widened my knowledge of the Battle of Britain and the RAF and I hope I managed to convey some of that in my work. My current project on Amy Atkin, the first female machine lace designer, is certainly different but I’m sure will also lead to new knowledge and I hope some insights into the role of women in design in the early twentieth century.

No comments: