I’ve cut out the pattern for my first veil. I was going to use a commercial pattern but some of those have quite a large periphery, which would mean I had to make 360 cm of lace to go right the way round even the smallest. I’ve therefore decided to make my own from a rectangular shape folded back on itself. That means I have to make 145 cm of lace – still a lot but not quite as much as for the circular style. I’ve also bought hair combs for the veils and I’ve got some old artificial flowers which look suitably antique so I can gather the veiling up and attach it to the combs and flowers to make it look more realistic.