Friday 6 May 2016

Exhibition preparation




I’m busy with last minute preparations for my exhibition at the LQ&N Makit Fair at Peterborough on Sunday. I decided what lace to take and show last week when the size of the exhibition space was finalised, so that is already packed and ready to go. Luckily most of my lace is flat or rolls up neatly so it doesn’t take up much space when it’s packed up. My exhibition area is four tables forming a rectangular space 12 feet by 5 feet in the centre of the atrium. My main problem was that the cloth I have to cover the tables is big enough to cover them and allow an overhang down the front and back but not long enough to cover the ends as well, so I’ve bought some black sheets to put underneath the main cloth, to fill the gaps. I hope it all fits together seamlessly on the day! I’ve also got some pins to keep the lace in place, as well as various types of sticky tape to secure the table covers if necessary. I’m also going to take a small stool or stepladder so I can reach the centre of the display when I’m putting it up. All I need to do now is to print out a panel with my name on so visitors know who I am!

No comments: